Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Korea from my Past: Vogue 2007

Since we are moving away for an indefinite amount of time, my sister and I have been cleaning out all our stuff: throwing away memories and boxing up the keepers. Then I came across souvenirs and remnants of my 1st trip to Korea. In 2007, I went with Campus Crusade for Christ to a missions conference in Busan called CM2007. For some reason I thought buying mags was a great souvenir to lug home. And although heavy, it has been fun looking at the plethora of Asian magazines I collected, including Chinese and Japanese. My single magazine from Korea was a Vogue with Keira Knightley on the cover. While there are many westerners that grace the pages of this international magazine, there are many Koreans as well and national articles, though I cannot read them...yet! Speaking of which, I am truly excited and hopeful to learn the language amazingly well, to the point that I can confidently say I am fluent. Well, while a girl can dream at least I can still look at the pictures.... booyah (kkkk, should I teach this childhood slang to my kids?)

No comments:

Post a Comment