Sunday, January 23, 2011

Okie Dokie Artichokie

It was this phrase that would make me giggle, even when I was the one that said it. This idiom and "doncha know" are the only way I can manage a Minnesotan accent. when I lived in Australia I had two amazing roomies from Korea. I have always loved Asia, but being exposed to it so intensely permitted me to learn more and express my obsession more outwardly. Man, I love Korea!

Hence, out of my random mind came a new and (personal opinion) improved idiom: okie dokie dduk bokki. Dduk bokki is so yum, I just had some, spicy rice cakes plus whatever you want. Since being home, I've missed Asian food, especially since I lived down the street from Sunny Bank, QLD. If you are ever in Brisbane, Australia you should go to Sunny Bank for dinner or stay in the city for Korean at Madtongsan II.

So now, I'm missing Australia and I'm missing all the Asianness Brisbane had to offer. Ergo, the plan: move to Korea by August this year. That gives me time to take a TESOL course, spend some time with my horses, see two of my best friends say their vows, and experience an American summer for the first time in 3 years.

Can't wait to be surrounded by Koreans! Okie Dokie Dduk bokki

No comments:

Post a Comment